With Christmas soon approaching, many of us are busy preparing for our favorite time of the year. Data shows that American consumers plan to spend over $1,000 each on Christmas gifts this year–$936 on gifts to others and $140 in gifts for themselves.
No matter what your income or what kind of budget you’re working with, that’s a lot of money. Personal Capital has published a list of seven strategies should help you manage your holiday budget to make it a little lighter on the wallet:
- Make a Budget & Get Online
- Quit Buying For Family & Friends You Don’t See
- Give Cash Or Gift Cards
- Opt Out Of Gift Exchanges
- Keep Track Of All Holiday Spending
- Search for Coupon Codes & Sales
- Use Credit With Care
Read the article “7 Holiday Shopping Tips That Will Save You Money” for details on these 7 tips.